Friday, July 30, 2010

Kindle 3! Kindle 3! Kindle 3!

Whoo-hooo! Kindle 3!

I'm really excited about the new Kindle 3.

Amazon announced the Kindle 3 Wireless Reading Device, now with Wi-Fi. This new Kindle is cheaper, lighter, has better contrast, faster page turning, longer battery life than the older models, and it looks great... in short all the reasons not to buy a Kindle have been eliminated.

The environmentalist in me has long been unhappy for ages with how much I print, but I can't read (and comprehend) long documents on LCD screens. With the Kindle's new and improved high contrast e-ink screen, I can finally do all my reading without killing any more trees.

So why, you may wonder, is Alex ranting about this on the Connectify blog? Because Connectify and Kindle are great together.

For those of us who are already paying for wireless Internet, it seems silly to pay extra for the 3G version of the Kindle which is only used for the very rare purchase on the road. With Connectify, the less expensive Wi-Fi Kindle can jump onto that same connection and download books whenever I want.

My one issue with the Wi-Fi Kindle is the substandard web browser (it's not really for browsing, just for getting you through the annoying log in pages in public places). With Connectify, you can use the web browser on your PC to log in, and then Kindle simply sees your working Wi-Fi network, and you don't need to fiddle with settings with Kindle's menu system to get it online.

Here they are on Amazon, check them out:

















As always, thanks for the support!